Anglo-Eastern Univan Group understands that your information is private as well as your concerns about how such information may be used and shared (see also our Legal Notice).
The following statement applies to members of the general public and is intended to address concerns about the types of information gathered from the public, if any, and how such information is used.
Though this site can be accessed by members of the general public regardless of age – and is safe for all ages to access, from a content perspective – being a business site aimed at existing and prospective clients, partners, employees and crew, it is not directed at or intended for visitors under the age of 13 years, nor will we request, collect, use, or otherwise process personal data from such minors.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
In order to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), amongst other such regulations, we have updated our Privacy Notice as outlined below.
For prospective employees of Anglo-Eastern Univan Group, please also see our Anglo-Eastern Privacy Notice for Prospective Employees.
- "Data Protection Legislation" refers to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”); any legislation implemented to give effect to the derogations permitted under the GDPR; and/or any other applicable data protection legislation.
- "Personal data" is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc., and also online identifiers and location data, such as IP addresses and mobile device IDs.
- "Special category data" means personal information revealing your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; genetic data; biometric data; data relating to your health; data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation; and/or criminal convictions or involvement in criminal proceedings.
- "Data controller" refers to the individual who decides why personal data is to be collected and how it will be used and treated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, you can write to us using the contact e-mail addresses below:
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data in a manner not in accordance with relevant legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the place of your habitual residence, or the place where you believe the infringement has occurred.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the purpose of this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the company will process your personal data and your special categories of personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
What personal data will we process?
Usually we will have access to the following personal data, if you have supplied it to us: your name, contact details, and/or other provided personal information.
How will we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data as necessary or appropriate for:
- administering your account if you have registered with us;
- responding to enquiries that you may directed to us; and/or
- actioning, as appropriate, any requests for our information or services.
What is the legal basis on which we will use your personal data?
We will only process personal data when we have a legal basis for doing so, including but not limited to the following:
- it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests, except where your interests and rights override those;
- it is necessary to protect your interests or those of someone else; and/or
- it is necessary to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into a contract with you for employment, work or services.
How long will we hold onto your data?
We will not store your personal data and/or special categories of personal data longer than necessary for the uses outlined above, unless we are required to do so in order to comply with the law and/or any regulatory requirements.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation that can be exercised by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, including:
- the right to access the personal data held about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation (we may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive);
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to request to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to request the transfer of your personal data to another party in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation; and
- the right, where you have provided consent, to withdraw such consent at any time.
LOGS AND NETWORK MONITORING
Anglo-Eastern Univan Group maintains log files of all access to the site and also monitors network traffic for the purposes of site management. This information is used to help diagnose problems with the server and to carry out other administrative tasks. Log analysis tools are also used to create summary statistics to determine which information is of most interest to users, to identify system problem areas, or to help determine technical requirements.
Information like the following is collected in these files:
- Hostname – the hostname and/or IP address of the computer requesting access to the site
- User Agent – the type of browser, its version, and the operating system of the computer requesting access
- Referrer – the website the user came from
- System Date – the date and time on the server at the time of access
- Full Request – the exact request the user made
- Status – the status code the server returned (e.g., fulfilled request, file not found)
- Content Length – the byte size of the file sent to the user
- Method – the request method used by the browser (e.g., post, get)
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) – the location of the particular resource requested (more commonly referred to as the URL)
- Query String of the URI – anything after a question mark in a URI (e.g., if a keyword search has been requested, the search word will appear in the query string)
- Protocol – the technical protocol and version used (e.g., HTTPS, FTP)
The above information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless Anglo-Eastern Univan Group is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
TRACKING AND COOKIES
We do NOT directly track visitors to this site, nor do we directly use or manage cookies on this site, though linked third-party service providers may.
The following details which trusted third-party cookies you might encounter via this site:
- This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit. Visit Google Analytics for information on their cookie and privacy policies.
- This site uses the email marketing platform Mailchimp to offer email subscription to our company publications. Cookies will be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. Visit Mailchimp for information on their cookie and privacy policies.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social media network in various ways. For these to work, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site, or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective cookie and privacy policies.
Should you wish to disable cookies, you can do this by amending the settings in your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality and features of this and many other websites that you visit.
This site may contain links to other sites. Anglo-Eastern Univan Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.
All matters relating to this site are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. If you are located outside of Hong Kong and you contact us, please be advised that any personal information you provide to us will be transferred to Hong Kong and that by submitting information you explicitly authorise its transfer.
All content and information contained on this website are copyrighted to Anglo-Eastern Univan Group and may not be copied, whether in part or in whole. We respect your privacy and rights; in return, we ask that you respect ours.